Actively destroy aphids in the area by spraying trees and shrubs, as well as applying special fishing belts to tree trunks. Before planting seedlings on a bed, be sure to spill the soil on it with steep boiling water, and pour the area of ants accumulation with a solution of tar or laundry soap.
If the plants have already been planted and you are not able to use either soapy water or boiling water for fear of damaging their roots, ordinary ash will come to your rescue. Sprinkle the anthill and sprinkle it abundantly with its internal parts and the surrounding soil.
In addition, your faithful assistants in ridding the site of ants are birds, so in every possible way attract and support these brisk creatures in cold winters.
More radical measures to combat annoying ants include watering the soil around plants with preparations like thunder, Thunder-2, Anteater, or Marvin. Yes, they give an almost instantaneous result, but our goal is not only to expel ants from the site, but also not to harm either ourselves, the soil, or the surrounding nature. Therefore, I consider their use justified only in the most extreme cases.
Also, ants bring a lot of trouble, deciding to build a house for themselves under the floor or near a garden house. To expel uninvited guests from your home, use the following measures:
- since ants do not like sunflower oil, garlic, onions, and parsley, it makes sense to smear all the railing in the house and other ways of moving insects with one of the above substances.
- regularly scald with boiling water the nests of these insects located near the garden building.
- An anthill can also be sprinkled with salt.
- plant elderberry near the house: annoying crumbs can not stand the odorous secretions of this tree.
- and even ants can be poisoned with a brown. To do this, 1 gram of this substance must be diluted in 200 milliliters of water, add a little honey and place a saucer with a “treat” in those places of the house where massive accumulations of insects are observed. And do not forget to put “ladders” on the plates so that they can climb them and lick the poison. In addition, you can mix an equal amount of borax and boric acid and sprinkle the powder near the anthill.
- bait made from a mixture of yeast, honey (or jam), yeast, and water is also used to exterminate insects. The ingredients are mixed until a thick paste is formed, the resulting creamy substance is laid out in small lids and placed in places that ants have chosen.
In addition to the fact that ants are very effective exterminators of harmful insects on the site, their houses can be used to mulch the soil on the site. To do this, in the fall, when the first frost breaks out and it is time to cover perennial plants, you need to go to the nearest forest. Best of all in spruce or pine forest – there are quite a lot of large and heaps. 1/3 of their upper part should be carefully removed from these anthills (it’s not worth taking anymore, because the ants should also leave something). The top of the ant dwelling consists of a variety of chopped sticks, leaflets, and needles, which are ideal for the role of mulch. She can warm the beds with strawberries, garlic, fruit and berry crops, as well as rose bushes.
I think that if you show patience and systematically and consistently carry out all the above activities, then you will succeed if you do not get rid of the ants on your six hundredths, then at least significantly reduce and regulate their numbers.